Making or updating your will
Your guide to making a will
Animals Asia is a small charity with limited resources, and unfortunately, we do not offer a will writing service. But please don't let that put you off leaving us a gift in your will. Really, it's much simpler than you'd think! Just follow these simple steps:
1. Use the 'Your Will Planner' form to help calculate the approximate value of your estate. Remember to account for any investments or debts.
2. Choose who you would like to remember in your will, both family and charity. Some people give gifts to their loved ones, then leave the remainder (or 'residuary gift') to Animals Asia and some leave a set cash sum (a 'pecuniary gift').
3. Have a think about who you trust to be the executors of your estate – the people who'll make sure that your wishes are honored, and will be named in your will.
4. Make an appointment with your attorney about writing your will.
5. Once your attorney has finalized your will, keep the original in a safe place and have copies made. Make sure you tell a close friend or family member where your will can be found.
6. Please do let us know if you've decided to leave Animals Asia a gift. We'd love to say thank you personally on behalf of our bears and Asia's animals.
Already have a will?
If you already have a will and you wish to now leave a legacy to Animals Asia, you can easily update it with a codicil. Just ask your attorney.
Information for your attorney
Name of beneficiary: Animals Asia Foundation Limited
Charity headquarters: 300 Broadway, Suite 32, San Francisco, CA 94133
Tel: (415) 677-9601 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Charitable tax ID no: 31-1802788
If you've decided to leave us a gift in your will, we'd love to thank you personally for your incredible dedication to the cause! Please tell us about your gift by emailing us at, email@example.com.