Animals Asia is devoted to ending the barbaric practice of bear bile farming and improving the welfare of animals in China and Vietnam. We promote compassion and respect for all animals and work to bring about long-term change.
We are seeking an experienced and skilled Development Executive to join our fundraising team in Hong Kong.
We currently have fundraising teams in five international markets: Hong Kong, UK, Germany, Australia and USA. Animals Asia has exciting plans to expand and grow its international presence and is now searching for a passionate fundraiser to join our international team.
- Managing and building our donor base, including identifying and researching prospects, networking and engaging at events.
- Developing and organising fundraising events to deliver income pipeline.
- Developing solicitation and cultivation plan for mid-level donors.
- Developing strategic partnerships with a range of companies to deliver both a financial and strategic contribution to the charity.
- Account management, corporate collaborations - ensuring contracts and adequate stewardship plans are in place.
- Writing creative fundraising materials to support mid-level donor/corporate pitches to secure funding.
- Maximising the organisation’s income by supporting all current fundraising activity within the charity.
- Managing relationships with volunteers and support groups to ensure growth in this area.
- Reporting on and evaluating fundraising progress on a regular basis.
- Report directly to the Development Manager
We encourage those with the following background to apply:
- Knowledge of the Hong Kong/ Asia fundraising market, including policy and fundraising channels.
- Ability to create, develop and sustain effective working relationships and partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholders, including celebrities, media, companies and donors.
- Experience in running large scale fundraising events.
- Minimum of 2 years’ fundraising experience or NGO work experience.
- Experience stewarding and supporting donors at all levels.
- A self-starter with a passion for animal welfare.
- Good working and learning attitude, be a good team player and have the ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal, written, visual, public speaking).
- Fluent in Cantonese and English. (Knowledge of Mandarin would be an advantage).
As a credible expert in your field, you’ll play a pivotal role as part of Animals Asia’s fundraising team. You should be proactive, professional and passionate about your work within the charity sector and animal welfare.
Interested parties please forward your cover letter, full resume with your availability to join, present and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org (in Word format). Please quote the above position being applied for in the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Applicants who have not received a reply after six weeks from the date of the advertisement should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.
Date published: 22 August 2016