VET NURSE VOLUNTEERS
Animals Asia can only accept applications from volunteers trained in either veterinary science / vet nursing or qualified in wild-animal management, as all hands on work with the bears necessitates intensive training.
All veterinary volunteer placements require a commitment of at least three months.
Basic Veterinary Nurse Volunteer Requirements
- Recognised veterinary nursing qualification.
- Experience working in veterinary practice in a veterinary nursing role.
- Make medicated shakes for bears.
- Walk and feed resident dogs daily.
- Assist with weekly and monthly cleaning duties.
- Assist with the preparation for bear health-checks and surgeries.
- Assist with bear health-checks and surgeries.
- Help clear away after bear health-checks and surgeries.
- Observe and monitor bears waking up from anaesthetics.
- Feed, clean and enrich hospitalised bears in transport cages.
- Help with small animal work as needed.
- Assist the Resident VN with monthly abdomen checks and worming of bears as required.
If you would like to apply for a volunteer vet nurse position, please send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK