Animals Asia can only accept volunteers trained in either veterinary science / vet nursing or qualified in wild-animal management, as all hands-on work with the bears necessitates intensive training.
All behavioural volunteer placements require a minimum commitment of three months.
Basic requirements for Behavioural Volunteers:
- Background in an animal profession such as zoo keeping, rehabilitation, or animal welfare.
- Computer literacy (e.g. MS Word, Excel and web browsers).
- Enrichment preparation and assistance with setting up in various enclosures and dens, as per established calendars.
- Prepare daily medicated shakes for bears (rotating with staff and other volunteers).
- Small animal care including dog walks (when needed).
- Maintain bear behavioral records.
- Perform ongoing behavioral observations with individual bears or groups plus other resident animals as required.
- Record data using ethograms.
- Produce short interpretive reports based on behavioural studies.
If you would like to apply for a volunteer Behavioural position, please send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
10 acts of kindness that saved Tuffy – the dog who was scalded with boiling water and thrown from a balcony 30 November 2015 Boiled alive and thrown off a balcony – this is how a miracle (and miracle workers) saved a brave dog named Tuffy 30 November 2015
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK